Saturday, May 30, 2009

Delicious clouds and other stuff

I came across Library Thing a few years ago, but didn't expect to see how far it had developed. It's a classy way of sharing book knowledge, and rediscovering 'golden oldies' in a library- or personal book collection. I had some gorgeous old books in my own library which I was thrilled to upload onto the communal catalogue. You can check them out on the Library Thing widget.

I was impressed too, with the SBDS prototype, with some lovely intuitive search functions.

One of the sites I trawled through had a few dead links... one of the concerns with creating and maintaining good online content.

I guess we also need to be aware of the online archive tools which show the incredible journey that this format has travelled.

Thanks Mary for taking us on this journey- it was lots of fun!
">

No comments:

Post a Comment